About Us | Terrafiniti
As a sustainability consultancy with an outstanding track record in innovation and best practice, Terrafiniti is dedicated to helping organisations manage their sustainability and ESG/CSR challenges with innovative, creative and effective tools that deliver results.
We help companies achieve results by developing strategic responses to build long-term value and uncover new opportunities.
Typically we work with leaders and sustainability teams in ambitious or leading companies who:
- Need to develop a strategic and planned sustainable approach based upon business risks and opportunities – but are unsure where to start
- Have a number of sustainability/CSR initiatives, but find they are largely reactive, not joined-up and not providing results
- Are concerned they can’t communicate progress made in a structured way
- Find it difficult to respond to customer or investor requests.
With 45+ years collective experience in consulting, our two partners have worked with blue-chip companies, SMEs, NGOs and government agencies around the world.
On this page
Dr Dominic Tantram | Founding Partner
Unlike many sustainability/CSR consultants, I’ve helped people identify the real social and environmental issues they need to tackle to reduce risk and build business value.
My approach is based upon tackling issues at their root, not treating the symptoms.
I’ve worked with sustainability managers, managing directors, CEOs, technical and operational staff and many others to cut through the complexity of sustainability and build realistic and tangible actions.
What can I help you do?
- Build support across the organisation
- Explore and identify a ‘corporate’ business case
- Help integrate Sustainability/ESG/CSR across functions
- Develop plans with your leadership/board.
What can I help your company/organisation do?
- Identify and prioritise social & environmental issues
- Examine issues in the context of global trends and your business situation
- Develop vision
- Explore ambitions
- Establish priorities
- Set goals, targets and KPIs
- Engage stakeholders
- Advance implementation plans.
Some headline facts
- I’m a qualified and recognised sustainability expert with over 25 years experience in consultancy
- I’m a Chartered Environmentalist and Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (ICRS)
- I was one of the original developers and tutors on WWF International’s One Planet Leaders Executive Training Programme in Sustainability
- I have worked for companies, NGOs and Governments around the world.
Joss Tantram | Founding Partner
I can bring over 25 years’ experience advancing the practice of sustainability and sustainable corporate strategy to help you achieve your goals. I have trained executives from the world’s biggest companies, delivering value on five continents.
Some headline facts
- Twenty plus years in consultancy with global companies, government & NGOs
- Innovative, practical focus
- Written 5 books at the leading edge of sustainability
- Built sustainability strategies for leading companies
- Built and lead WWF International’s One Planet Leaders Programme 2005-2010
- Delivered training in Brazil, the Philippines, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, the Netherlands & throughout the UK
- Contributor to leading global sustainability websites.
I work with
- Business owners
- Corporate leaders
- C-Suite executives
- Chief Sustainability Officers
- Sustainability & CSR Directors
- High growth companies
- FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 companies
- Charities and Foundations
- The multi-nationals of the future.
If you want sustainability & CSR that grows and drives your business I can assist you in developing a clear, powerful plan of action via advice, coaching, bespoke training or consultancy.
Terrafiniti draws upon extensive experience in the theory and development of pragmatic, applied approaches to the challenges of sustainability within the UK, Europe and across the world.
We have an unrivalled track record in the development of innovative approaches to corporate sustainability, working with some of the planet’s largest businesses and NGOs.
We have been involved in a large range of natural environment and protected area projects including habitat inventory and mapping and resource mapping, planning and strategy.
By providing a unique mix of sustainability, business, ecological and stakeholder-based approaches we can provide strategic insight and practical solutions.
Best practice, standards and guidance
We have been involved with or contributed to:
- SIGMA Project, FORGE, BS8555, BS8900, ISO 26000, Hotel Benchmark
- To Whose Profit? series
- WWFs One Planet Leaders Programme
- Edie Sustainable Leaders Awards
- ACCA Judging
- CAF Judging
- RSA working group
- Sustainability Action Network
- Development of best practice for the socio-economic profiling of protected landscapes
What does Terrafiniti do?
We work with you to help make your business more sustainable; identifying risks and opportunities, focusing on the things that matter and helping you define your approach (strategy) and practical changes at an operational level (embedding and implementation).
What steps can we help you take?
- work with you to identify priorities and to establish or refine your sustainability agenda. More on sustainability strategy >>
- help ensure that you are fully up to speed on current regulatory requirements and keep you abreast of current thinking and wider trends.
- work with you in identifying actions you can take to help towards a sustainable future and meet your social responsibilities.
- design and implement management, monitoring and reporting mechanisms, to drive performance and communicate progress. Sustainability reporting >>
- develop and implement sustainability training about the issues, skills and behavioural changes required to address them.
We also work extensively in sustainability R&D, with companies, universities and NGOs and can bring the benefit of this experience to you.
How we work
Our approach is friendly and open, working with businesses to provide advice and support that’s useful. If we don’t think we can help you we’ll tell you.
We provide a mixture of consultancy, research, training, coaching and benchmarking services. We determine the mix you might need after discussing your objectives, what you want to change and the results you want.
But if you really want to know more about us – just contact Dominic or Joss for a chat – we’re not scary (not really!).
Are we right for you?
We like to foster ambition – in sustainable impact and business success. That’s challenging and not for everyone.
Some people think their business sector has unique challenges. You’re the expert on your business, we’re the experts in sustainability. We’ve worked with manufacturers, food, agriculture, finance, fashion, IT, gifts and charities from small to global.
We’ve chosen to remain focused, specialised and networked. If you don’t like that then go to the big four. We’ll welcome you back later.
Our fees reflect our deep experience. Some don’t see the value in the bespoke support we provide. It’s a good test of commitment.
We want you to achieve results, this typically involves asking difficult and uncomfortable questions to get beyond symptoms to underlying causes. Not everyone is up for the journey.
Why Terrafiniti for Sustainability?
We have provided consultancy and training to small, medium and multinational companies, government and NGOs around the world.
We are qualified and recognised professionals, with science backgrounds and over 40 years’ experience in sustainability and business.
We translate the challenges of sustainability into business-relevant actions that you can use. We’ll help you target the areas where you can save money, reduce risk, exploit opportunities and build value.
We specialise in sustainable innovation, thinking up to the scale of the challenge and delivering leading practice.
We provide, bespoke services to meet your needs effectively and efficiently.
Terrafiniti’s two founding partners / prime consultants are two of only six Inaugural Working Fellows in the Institute of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability. Chair of the ICRS, Claudine Blamey said, “Offering Fellowship to the very best CRS practitioners strengthens the profession and the Institute. Those selected have a wide range of skills and experiences and over the course of their careers they have successfully addressed the broad spectrum of issues and challenges that confront those working in the sector.“
Terrafiniti LLP is a member of 1% for the Planet, an alliance of businesses that donate at least 1% of their annual revenues to environmental organisations worldwide. Members of 1% for the Planet recognise that environmental and social sustainability requires actions and activity beyond the direct influence of their organisations and that the future of their business relies upon healthy and viable societies and ecosystems.
Working with us
We have extensive experience as a sustainability consultancy firm and use our expertise and understanding to focus upon presenting complex issues as simply and clearly with an emphasis on developing your capacity to build sustainable business value.
Our approach is friendly and open, providing real advice and support that’s useful. If we don’t think we can help we’ll say so.
We’re always happy to discuss your requirements. We can sit down with you to review your needs and provide an outline of how we can assist you.
How can we help you?
We provide free sustainable business guidance & resources to important topics to help you get ahead.
We love to talk – get in touch to send a message or book at a call to discuss your sustainability issues – if we can’t help you we’ll say so – and try and find you someone who can!